Make sure you know about all the different tombstone types before making your selection.
A very interesting fact is that many people are not aware of how many different types of gravestones there actually are available and this is due to main reasons. The first reason being is that, when walking into a tombstone company, one is most often only shown the tombstones that are popular or most expensive, thereby limiting your options. The second reason being that one does not do enough research and visit websites of reputable tombstone suppliers that offer many different tombstone types.
At Tombco in Gauteng, we can help you with the following tombstones:
Here are a few gravestone types that will assist you in making the most informed decision when you are in need of a tombstone:
- The flat tombstone types – these are also called grass markers, as they are level with the earth. They are less expensive due to the fact that they acquire very little labor in terms of installation and they are virtually maintenance-free as there is no possibility of leaning or parts breaking off as would happen with a standing tombstone.
- The bronze gravetone types – Available in all dimensions including either flat or standing, these tombstones are amongst the more expensive types as bronze is a very expensive mineral to source. Although a bit more expensive, it gives for a beautiful, unique look that will last a lifetime.
- The bevel headstone type – This is similar to a flat tombstone except for the fact that its back is more elevated than the front, resulting in a slope that will give it more personality and need less maintenance as it is still firmly on the ground and allows water to run down it immediately.
- The slant tombstone type – Shorter and thicker than standard standing-up tombstones, these tombstones could weigh a fair amount more than a standard tombstone but will also give for a more unique grave marker.
- Companion tombstone types – this is a bulk of a tombstone that is placed on a family grave. It consists of individually molded tombstones, each with its own space for every individual family member, but that is mounded together a one large tombstone to symbolize the unity that the family had/has in life and in death and on which each individual epitaph is added as each family member is buried.
- Baby/childrens’ tombstone types – these are similar to adult tombstones but different in the way that they are in essence “miniature”. They are manufactured either standard or in teddy bear shapes and are placed by the small grave of the baby/child.
Your decision on the type, style and size of tombstone will of course depend on your preferences, budget and what your tombstone provider will be able to provide you with. Tombco Gauteng is one of the most reputable providers of various tombstone types and by phoning us at 012 377 0690 we will do our utmost to provide you with your preferred type of tombstone.